Welcome

Hello and welcome bloggers, please feel free to leave a comment and come again!































Sunday, November 14, 2010

Assignment #11: Letters of Remembrance

Belgium 
November 25th, 1917 


Dearest, Brother


We still fight the battle  in the cold trenches of Ypres. Half of our soldier's are dead, for what? Peace & freedom for our country, I might as well have two left feet for the people we lost. The war is almost over, but every day is another dollar, they say fate is worse than death, I don't know which to believe. Some days I wish to be home and watch the 1st Pulitzer prize-winning play by Jesse Lynch Williams, "Why Marry?" & sleep all day. But not this day, life moves on, when I battled at war I would see Tanks, planes bombs flame throwers and explosions each soldier would yell take cover whenever anyone sees a grenade or anything that flies past them. About 6,181,000 soldiers died at war 29,500 are injured, everyone tells me this is the war of the century the worst one to occur I think it only begun. Many of our men are getting effected by post traumatic stress disorder. Everything miserable, I will be home soon but don't count on it, may god fight by my side.   

No comments: